Chavara Mission Maharashtra (CMI)

The civil districts of Dhule , Jalgaon and Nundurbar within the territory of Kalyan Diocese were entrusted to Devamatha Province of CMI in 1992 for the spiritual care of the Syro-Malabar Catholics and all their all round development and for the work of evangelization. Chavara mission was formally inaugurated with the solemn celebration of Holy Qurbana led by Mar Paul Chittilappilly Bishop of Kalyan on 2nd Feb 1993. Fr. Diego and Fr. Rapheal Kurian were the pioneers of Chavara Mission.


Religious Houses – 15

English Medium School – 10

Convent – 08

Special Schools – 01

Hostel – 02

Church – 02

Religious Sisters – 51

Priests – 12

Catholics – 1686

Religious Congregation – 06

Mission Stations – 17

Quasi Parish – 06

 

STATISTICS

Area – 24,908 sq. km

Districts – 3

Talukas – 23

Villages – 3051

Population – 69, 94,034

Literacy rate (Average) – 49.12 %

mission3

 

Announcements
Know More

WPMessenger

Menu